« Home | Rock-a-bye baby » | Grandma, I Love you but ….. » | The save the world syndrome!!!!!! Why we get Played. » | Friendship » | Only 3 ? » | Sex » | LOVE? » 

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 

Romance- Truth or fairytale?

Ok so I am a huge fan of romance and all that that entails. Flowers, Poems, long walks...I love it .....all of it. The only problem, I've never had any of that. Sure I get flowers every mothers day but that’s about it. So my question is how can I love all of that if I've never had it in this relationship or any before. Am I just in love with "romance"?......with what I read about in romance novels or what I see in movies?

Am I crazy to want something so bad that I am almost "Demanding" it?

See, you would think that I had a relationship all about romance and that because of that I would be so unhappy not having it in my life , but No . ITS NEVER HAPPEND FOR ME!!!!!!!!

Does romance really exist or is it all a " fairy tale"?

Please shine light on this. Whats the most romantic thing someone has done for you?

Before I answer your question, let me say that you are not crazy for demanding romance. Hell, you aren't even alone. I'm a hopeless romantic and into all of that stuff. Walks in the park, kisses in the rain, conversations with no words, etc. (Shameless Plug) If there are any women in the NYC area who can appreciate romance, holla at a brother. Anyway, the most romantic thing someone has done for me was to plan a picnic. It was my 25th birthday and my friend asked me to take the train up to Westchester to meet her. Her mother met me at the Metro North station and when I got in the car, her mother told me that I had to put a blindfold on. She drove around for a while until it was time to drop me off at my friends apartment. She had turned the entire living room into a picnic (it was raining that day so an outdoor picnic was out of the question). She had champagne, shrimp, and a few of my other favorite foods. If that wasn't enough she had mad a collage highlighting our relationship and things that made her think of me. It would have been the perfect day if she hadn't broken up with me three days earlier. Now ironically enough, when she turned 25 I returned the favor. I had her meet me in the city. We had brunch then walked through Central Park. I gave her a birthday card. Inside the card was two tickets to see "Beauty & The Beast" (her favorite Disney story) for later that afternoon. After the show I took her to Philadelphia where we went to dinner at Tiramisu's and then spent the night at the Crowne Plaza.

@ sweet-bajan Thats pretty cool especially since all you want from him is friendship but I bet it made you feel good to know that he would something so sweet for you.

@ organized noise You are so lucky.... that someone would go all out like that. (sigh) I wish. Its good to know that men are into romance as much as women.

@ coley I know what you mean I’ve never had my romance needs fulfilled either but I just have to believe that those movies/books are based on some reality

I’m still a believer. (sigh) I know its stupid L


By the way thanks everyone for dropping bye I'll be dropping by your sites often.. talk to ya soon

@ e-1979 You are the man … I thought a romantic man was as fictitious as a unicorn. Glad to hear you really do exist.


@ Dee you know what? You 100% right. I never thought of it like that.

OK world please provide me with Romance .... cause I am ready and I deserve it.

the most romantic thing a guy did for me was when he didn't come in my hair, I mean he played with my hair. :)

Nope romance is not dead, more like in a universal coma, cause you are not the only one... but I wait for it to return back life.


We all need to get together and chant kumbiaya or sumptin and wake that the dead.
My current beau SUCKS and being romantic, too rigid..... and I told him... so I'd had to reflect on some past ex'es and next'es to give you a good glimpse of romance, and I must say.. I got quick a few...
But the best, is this dude I went out without with right after college.... we were both jobless at the time, AND LET ME TELL YOU "BROKE LOVING" IS THE BEST, you have no choice but to be creative, while trying to make an impression, and I was impressed.

Anyhoo we used to spend a lot of time together, he lived out by Coney Island, we'd spend alot of evenings on the beach just kicking... (and then some) he loved the water, and always opted for me to come out his way, then mine. But one night he decided to kick it out my way, we got a $2 hero sandwhich (and split it) and 2 Fifty cent soda (remember them). And a bag of chips, some incense,

Hey I said we were broke, both out school, trying to get our first REAL job in our desired fields, shit was rough...

Long story short... we took it up to my rough, and had a midnight pick night for two, up on my rough, under nice full moon. Then it became a ritual, as we often had midnight picnic in prospect park. That was peace.

Oh by the way...
@ Organized Noise.... nice! I love picnics... your girl hooked you up dude.

@E-1979.... Damn Red Velvet cake... rock on with cha bad self!

@Jessica... I dont know, but you seem like a trip. LoL.
Love the humor

Wow! You deserve romance, so don't give up. Demand that ish! The most romantic thing a guy did for me? It was 2002. My beau at the time planned a getaway weekend for us to the Baltimore Harbour. We stayed at the Embassy Suites, and if you've ever visited that Hotel, you know of its grandeur. The suite was lovely, and we christened it nicely. LOL I felt like a queen and was treated as such. We visited the harbor, did some sailing, did the tour out in the water, went to the aquarium, and the mall. We visited the club out there too..can't remember it's name at the moment. We also dined out there. It was so thoughtful, I couldn't help but to convey my appreciation throughout the weekend. It was FANTABULOUS!

Excellent, love it! » »

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

Post a Comment