« Home | I am Puerto Rican, I swear!!! » | HEY GOD » | WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF YOUR WALK? » | 4 Hours sleep and 5 cups of coffee ( sorry its so... » | Post Jacking from Organized Noise who jacked from ... » | LETS TALK RACE » | WHO PAYS?? » | ROAD TRIP --- TO THE BRONX???? » | Victoria's Secret - Wish someone would have told me! » | I FEEL BAD :-( » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

Why do we as women have to have issues with the Ex of our man?

Why do we as women have to have issues with the Ex of our man?


I get this a lot. People just assume that I cant stand my husbands ex-wife but that so not the case. I don’t know her to like or dis-like her. My husband has told me stories about what she had done to him but that’s just his version. There are 3 version to every story, His, hers and the truth and that’s somewhere in between.


People try to make waves and tell me things like “ she is sooo pretty” and “ she is soooo smart” etc. Good for her. I don’t hold anything against her cause I don’t know her. Her and my husband have mutual friends and share God children so there is still some contact and this fact tends to draw weird stares from others. “ You let him still talk to her? Yeah why not its talk, not sex. I don’t have a problem with that but it seems others do. I am completely secure in my relationship. If there is no trust what’s the point?

In the event that my husband and I go our separate ways I expect to communicate with him on a regular and I would hate to think that I am going to have to have to deal with a NEW women not being secure in herself or not liking me for just having once be in a relationship with him.

But my question is why do some women feel the need to talk bad about the ex?

This happens because most of those who do are usually still holding on to some sort of feelings....they haven't totally let it all go!!

This is where the problem comes in. It's sad, but true. It's good to see you are a positive person and sure of yourself, this will help you go far in your relationship with your husband.

Don't listen to others, people always tend to want to tell you what to do....and they will always say, "if it was me, I would".....

Yeah right!!

~Smooches~

What was before me was before me. When I was a silly little girl who thought I knew about love and relationships, I did feel threatened by my current man's ex. Now I realize no one is a threat to me but me. If we as women stop tearing each other down we would get a lot farther in life. Kudos to you for handling your situation with dignity and grace. good post.

Dee hit it on the head! It's simply insecurity, nothing else. I could care less about someone's ex I'm involved with, unless he still has feelings for her. But, my problem would be with him, not her, and I'd act accordingly.

Hmm Great Question.
I think people in general may feel they need to put someone down, in order to big themself up.
There's only one ex, who me and his wife is cool. And they invited me out the wedding.
The others, I don't know in that capacity, and in my ex-men are happy, then hey I'm happy for them.

Ta ta for now...

I think people who hate the ex really hate the history that the two of them have shared. I mean, good, bad or indifferent they know they can't erase those memories. That's probably it in a nutshell, but I say, don't waste time hating, make your own lasting memories everyday.

That is a really good question. My ex-boyfriend's ex did not like me and she never even met me. I didn't have a problem with the two of them still being cool because she was there before me, but I felt like their relationship kind of crossed the line sometimes.

Supposedly, my ex stopped talking to her because their friendship was causing us problems. They are now together. Hmm...

Post a Comment