« Home | Victoria's Secret - Wish someone would have told me! » | I FEEL BAD :-( » | NEEDING A MAKEOVER » | FEARS » | I'm in Love » | Rambling- To Spank or Not to Spank...that is the q... » | Taking The East Way Out- MEME » | ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.... THE ANNUAL VISIT T... » | Meeting some Bloggers » | REPOST - ONLY 3?????? » 

Monday, October 10, 2005 

ROAD TRIP --- TO THE BRONX????

Here is the story. Twice a month I get together with my girls to eat, get drinks whatever… this past Friday Nicky decides we should go to Pines Too in the Bronx cause she wants some “Penne ala Vodka” so Ok were going but I said I would drive

Side Note: I have had my license over a year and my car for 11months but I have only driven the car 3 times in the last year and before that I hadn’t driven at all

Ok I’m not exactly thrilled about the idea but Ok I’ll do it….. It rained that night and I hate driving in the rain but I told them as long as it doesn’t start raining “casts and dogs” we should be ok


Side note: I didn’t really believe that but I had already agreed and I thought at least it would be an adventure


So were driving and I am focusing so hard I am giving myself a headache. LOL and yes
  • Nicky
  • I need to use my mirrors but I told you Biaches that I have a problem with that (especially in the rain) and that you would be my eyes.

    * Shaking my fist at Nicky and J*

    And can you remember that I did yell “ IM SORRY” at those cars that were honking at me. LMAO.So anyway we were taking the scenec route ( LIE we are lost) . We even hit City Island. LOL

    After driving around for 2 hours we get to the restaurant. Now I had given up smoking but I was so stressed out the I HAD to have me a cigarette. After we were finally seated we just started laughing so hard and reliving the moments when our food arrives. Can I just tell you the “ Penne” was just alright but who the hell told me to order the “Jambalaya Pasta”? That shit was so spicy it was making my nose run! LOL

    So we leave to take J home at that shit only took us about 15min. WTF? We could have gone to her block and from there gone to the restaurant….. But then I don’t think we would have had as much fun!!!!

    Side Note: GIRLS I AM STILL LAUGHING :-)

    I take Nicky home and proceed alone ( I have never driven alone) to go home…. Thankfully I made it in one piece.


    2 days later and I am still laughing……:-)

    So when is the next trip... I think I saw a sign the said HARTFORD? LMAO

    Getting lost is funny when you're not alone. Glad you all had fun. Trip would have been better if there was a very "organized" male navigator in the car with you. ;-D

    awwww.... sweetie *smiling sweetly at you*....

    It's so funny to read this because since I grew up in the MOTOR CITY, I have had my license since BIRTH!!! (as have DAYUM near everone I know, save older people). I can't even REMEMBER NOT driving ( IN da rain, snow, sleet....whatevah)!!!

    So it was so cute to hear your "driving" exeperience!!! :-)

    @ Golden.... the Next trip is in 2 Weeks.... so be ready I think were going to HARTFORD! LOL

    @ Organized... It will be tight but Im sure we can make room... Do you know How to get to HARTFORD? LMAO

    Sounds like you guys had a blast even if you got lost. You have to get behind the wheel more often gurl!!

    ~Smooches~

    Glad that you had fun. Wow....

    Oh I love that restaurant. Where were all the cool peeps when I was in NY. I know I know, I sound like a broken record. Glad to have a shoe buddy though.

    Don't worry mama sita, you will get better. Next time bring a broke chick a doggy bag. LOL...

    @ Robyn I am working on it but I still get very nervous

    @ Dee.... I am still laughing

    @sdiva71... I would never have driven to the bronx by myself ( no offense to the BX)LOL

    @ Bajanqueen... we had a blast!

    @ Will.. Im hoping you'll forget this post by the time we see each other again ;-)

    @ Rose ... Thanks

    @ Princess Dominique... I soooo your shoe buddy!


    @ X ...you see who I was driving with! Thats the last time I let Nicky navigate! LOL


    @ MCM ... you need to be there for the next one Ma ma!

    Post a Comment