« Home | NEEDING A MAKEOVER » | FEARS » | I'm in Love » | Rambling- To Spank or Not to Spank...that is the q... » | Taking The East Way Out- MEME » | ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.... THE ANNUAL VISIT T... » | Meeting some Bloggers » | REPOST - ONLY 3?????? » | TATTOOS » | TAGGED.... » 

Friday, September 30, 2005 

I FEEL BAD :-(

Last night my daughter tells me that her friend "J" wanted to come over to the house to play after school so I told my daughter let me speak with her mother and we'll set something up.... well after talking to the kid who ask can she come over I told her I needed to speak with her mother. After another hour I speak with the mother ( for the first time ever) and I told her it was ok her "J" to come over and would she be picking her up or did she want me to drop her off.....

Now the mom tells me " oh I though she was spending the night" WTF?


She doesn't even know me why would she let her kid stay at my home ( not that Im a pig or crazy or anything but she doesn't know that) That made me a little uncomfortable considering everything that goes on now a days. So I told the mom I cant this time but maybe another time. If she still wanted to come over I would take her home. She says ok and gives me her address.

This morning she called to tell me that since I couldn't keep her overnight that there would be no one home to drop her off too that we should just save it for another time . No Problem


So Just a few minutes a go my daughter calls from school and puts the kid on the phone..... you can hear the disappointment in this kid voice and I felt so bad.

I am really uncomfortable with having a kid stay in my home that I don't know. I don't know her mother or anyone in her family but now I feel bad that this kid feel bad..

Am I overreacting?

When I was in elementary school my class had won tickets to go and see a Yankees game. I wanted to go so bad and my friends father, who I knew because he would buy us ice cream every day after school. Unfortunately, my mother didn't know my friends father and told me I couldn't go. I was upset then, but in retrospect, I understand. You are not overreacting.

Hell No! you are not over reacting. I find it strange these days that parents let their children go with anyone.

It sounds to me that your parents are old school like mine are and they were very cautious.

Unconsciously, you have learned this behavior from them and guess what? that's great!! Stick to your guns.

You never know how someone elses situation may affect you or your household. You are doing the right thing.

That mother was obviously looking for a baby sitter...I would say keep talking to the mother and get to know her especially if your daughter really likes her friend..when I was growing up my mother used to allow friends to stay over-mind you after she'd met the parents and we found later that we were the only stable people in some of those children's lives. granted this is a different day and age and you have to be really carefully..you did the right thing though.

no. that woman obviously doesnt have the same concerns that u have about her child spending the night with a woman she has never met. she might be the type to wanna get all mad If something DOES happen and u dont need to deal with that. always the ones who do no real checking who want to be the biggest complainers.

dont take on that responsibility until you meet the woman and discuss chld care rules

Post a Comment