« Home | Taking The East Way Out- MEME » | ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.... THE ANNUAL VISIT T... » | Meeting some Bloggers » | REPOST - ONLY 3?????? » | TATTOOS » | TAGGED.... » | DOWN TOWN » | I've been Tagged! » | Men Have It Easy » | Getting through- with the help of music » 

Friday, September 16, 2005 

Rambling- To Spank or Not to Spank...that is the question.

I got into this discussion with my friend’s man whose kid is 2years old. He said he doesn’t believe in spankings cause it teaches children to “ find ways to get around your rules”. WTF!!!!!! Kids are going to do that no matter what. I broke many a rule….. I just made sure that I didn’t get caught

I didn’t get spanked cause I was a good kid…. Ok I was a scared kid! My dad put the fear of God in me and I never…ever stepped one toe out of line. My brother on the other hand was always getting in to something for example

1. He dragged me out of my bassinette when I was only days old (spanked)
2. Set fire to the curtains one time (spanked)
3. Oh and he shaved his eyebrows off… completely (he would have gotten spanked for that but my parents were laughing to hard)



But even with all of the crazy shit that he did he was always in school and made good grades, stayed out of trouble for the most part and always treated my parents with respect he knew spankings were a last resort with my parents….sad for him but my brother always seem to push those buttons {I swear he had ADD. LOL)

Most of the kids now-a-days could use a good spanking!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve seen kids on a packed bus screaming at the top of their lungs that they want ice-cream, I’ve seen kids fall out in the street cause they cant get the toy they want and I’ve seen pre-teens tell their mothers “ fuck you”. Now maybe if those kids were spanked on occasion they wouldn’t behave that way. JMO- Now my kids are growing up the way I did they know better than to put one foot out of line. I have a great relationship with them and they know that they can come to me with anything but I made it crystal clear “ I am your mother, not your friend” we can joke and all but don’t ever behave disrespectful to me (i.e. Sucking of the teeth, rolling your eyes, talking under your breath etc) Cause your gonna get POPPED (my version of spanking). It is very rare that my kids get popped cause they know better.

Now there is a big difference between Spanking and abuse. I don’t go around knocking my kids upside the head for no reason… they get popped as a last result and I almost never have to go there.

I know society says that spankings only teach violence but these are the same people that are taking kids away from parents that “spank” their kids and putting them with Foster families that “abuse” the kids. {not all but too many- Just my 2 cents} Then when the kid gets out of control no one wants to be bothered!!!! The state uses the excuse that they have to many cases… you take away the parents right to discipline then you blame them with the kid is out of control…. You can’t win!

So my question today is

How do you feel about Spankings? why?

I believe in spanking. Kids need to have rules and when they are broken there should be a consequence. My parents raised 8 kids and we were spanked. But none of us ended up in jail, or have killed or hurt others, only pain we put on someone is when its' done to self..So I believe in spanking.

I wholeheartedly believe in it! Its mandatory in this day and age. You remove spanking or outlaw it and you'll see what becomes of this world. That's too funny about your bro with no eyebrows! ROTFL!

First and foremost I would like to thank you for bringing back some very, VERY painful memories. Best believe my mother believed in spankings. What made it even worse, she extended that courtesy to my aunts, babysitters and anyone else she put in charge of watching me while she was at work (she worked two jobs). If I did something wrong, I'd usually get beat several times by several different people. Needless to say, I learned my lesson very quickly.

Of course my experiences have also led to be against spanking. Then again, I pledged and I know there are worse tortures than being spanked. I'll take a good spanking from my heavy handed god sister any day of the week.

Since I don't have kids I have time to come to a decision on that, but I think that the first few years (the terrible 2's, 3's, and 4's) a spanking might work, but after a while the effects of a spanking will just wear off. That's when alternative motives of punishment might come into play.

I could go on and on about the alternative punishments I had to suffer through, but then I'll waste a good post in here, so I'll just leave you with one. I got bored one night and cut my hair with a pair of scissors. Needless to say, I missed a few spots. My mother made me go to school the next day with the messed up hair cut. Needless to say, I didn't cut my hair again.

The time out shit just does not work!!!

I see so many people with young children who are just too grown for their own good, and all the parent's seem to do is fucking talk, "don't do that", "come here", "what did I say", I mean once you say something ONCE should be enough.....the children of today test you, do you hear me! I believe in beating, not over board beating, but enough to let them know if I do this my mom's is gonna fuck me up!!!

Dee, quoted an old addage and I for one believe it 100% "Spare the rod, spoil the child" Beat them little suckers!!! ~LOL~

As a mother myself, I talk a lot to my son, he tests my ass everyday...and most of the time I let him get away with it for the little things....but he knows not to go over board cause I would bust that ass!

Sorry to take up so much space venting my spleen....

Enjoy your weekend all

Like Bernie Mac said, I'll beat cho' kids...lol.
Have a good weekend!

I strongly believe in spankings. I was raised being spanked and my son gets spanked as well. It is definitely a last resort for me, but I certainly don't 'spare the rod'.

I agree with Dee, you give those little suckers an inch and they take a yard and that is when I have to kick ass. I say Spank that ass. Those who know me know that I will pop my kid in a minute.

Beat that ass! It didn't hurt me, so aint nothing wrong with doing the same thing for mine. My family think I'm soft when it comes to my niece and nephew, but I'm not. If I have to, I'll whip that ass, but I don't. They know what will happen if they act up, so they stay on their best behavior. If they act up, I give them THE LOOK, and they straighten up. I don't have to result to gettin in their tails, but I WILL if I have to! They know I don't play. You're right, though. If most of these kids were getting "spanked" they'd behave better. I WISH a nucca WOULD tell me, "fuck you!" I'd be behind bars, girl! LOL..SERIOUSLY!

What a great site » » »

Post a Comment