« Home | UPDATE- LACK OF SEX » | LACK OF SEX » | Post Jacking -MY 100 » | ADDICTION????? » | G-STRING HORROR :-( » | Young love » | The Women » | My Take on Men » | NEW LOOK » | From lovers to Roomates -Part II » 

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 

Getting through- with the help of music

We all have music we listen to according to our moods for example


1. When I am feeling in the “mood” I like

1. Sade (greatest Hits)
2. Maxwell
3. Kem (Album II)
4. Jill Scott (Beautifully Human)
5. Prince (scandalous.. need I say more)

2. When I am having a bad day

1. Stevie Wonder (Any and Everything)
2. Earth Wind and Fire (Greatest Hits)
3. Disco /Dance music (its Light and Fluffy)

3. Needing to get over that man

1. Lauren Hill (ex-factor, I used to love him)
2. Heather Headley (I wish I wasn’t)
3. Gloria Gaynor (I will Survive)

4. Getting ampted up to go out

1. Hip-hop
2. Raeggeton


4. Working through some anger

1. Limp bizkit (My Way)



I love all kinds of music and I believe music helps me get through things, that and Cake but that’s a whole other post. LOL

I'm curious to know What helps you through?

Sweet Taboo by Sade, puts me in a sensual mood... aahhhh yes!

Cage Bird Sings... on Bradford Marsalis track with Maya Angelou snaps me out of a blue mood.

Notorius B.I.G. Get me KRUNK!

Loves me some Biggie!

Let's see . . .
When I want to get "in the mood" - "Reasons (The Live Version)" by Earth, Wind & Fire or "Insatiable" by Prince.

When I have a bad day - "Strokin" by Clarence Carter, "Ain't Gonna Bump" by Joe Tex, "Meet Me With Your Black Drawers On" by Denise LaSalle, "Dollar Wine Dance" by Bryon Lee, "I Ate You For Breakfast" or "Candy Licker" by Marin Sease. (All of these songs make me laugh no matter what mood I am in)

When I need to get over a girl - "Love TKO" - by Teddy Pendergrass or "Don't Wanna Play" by Shai

Getting pumped up - "Welcome To The Jungle" by Gunz N Roses

Getting ready to go to a party - "Treat Em Right" by Chubb Rock, "Da Butt" by E.U., "Pump Me Up" by Joe Buttons, "We Thuggin" by Fat Joe f/ R. Kelly and almost any Baltimore Club Song

Working through anger - "Issue" by R. Kelly.

Sorry my comment was so long, but I am very passionate about music. I'm sure I missed some songs. I might have to revisit this later.

I LOOOOOVE music and feel the same way you do (take away the tv but not my music!!). My favourite are R&B (When I'm feeling 'in love'), calypso (when I just feel like dancing), Reggae (when I'm in a funk and want to pump myself up) and just like Bajan Beauty I simply MUST have the Waiting To Exhale soundtrack when I'm feeling broken hearted or unloved.

I love music myself. However nothing makes you feel better than talking with your friends who love you and care for you so much.
However if I'm giving you a musical solution...

Mary J. Blige!
Pick an album, Pick a mood!

See you on the show!

I also don't have music for different mooods. My reason being that when I find a song of CD that I like I RUN IT 24 HOURS A DAY until I can't stand it anymore. Right now thanks to organize noise I am in love with Vivian Green's CD. Although I don't know the words to all the song yet. It is the first thing that I listen to when I get home...

oh... touching on X1, I clean my house to the old Michael Jackson Songs. *Singing** "Oh baby...give me one more chance..."

GURL!!!
It's FOXY FRIDAY what are you listening to today???

Me- "All Fall Down" by 5 Star
remember them??

If you do you are smiling right now and singing to yourself "ALLLLLL FALLLLLL DOOOOOWWWN!

Have a Foxy weekend baby!

Music!! That's my therapy. It soothes me. I can sit and listen to CD after CD. I sing along, because I really feel it then, and just let my emotions go. Before I pop in a CD, I'm drained and don't know what to do. Afterwards, I'm so uplifted, and I know that everything will be alright. I love music, and I just go crazy without it. Those few months I was without it when I was in training was hell! It helps I can sing, but nothing is the same as hearing the music itself. I couldn't wait to get to a music store afterwards!! I bought up EVERYTHING!!! LOL

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

Post a Comment