« Home | The Women » | My Take on Men » | NEW LOOK » | From lovers to Roomates -Part II » | From Lovers to roomates » | SAY IT TO MY FACE!!!!!!! » | Romance- Truth or fairytale? » | Rock-a-bye baby » | Grandma, I Love you but ….. » | The save the world syndrome!!!!!! Why we get Played. » 

Friday, August 05, 2005 

Young love

I was talking to my teenage niece about her relationship with her boyfriend of over a year and it made me think about being young and "in love". You think your going to marry and all that and things just don't go that way...

We all have them. That love that was true blue and for whatever reason things just got screwed up, you never tried, he never tried and it just ended. This is my story......

Let me set the seen. Its early 90’s I’m wearing my fire engine red lipstick (hey) and I’m about to have my first semi-adult relationship.

I remember the first time I saw HIM, I had all kinds of butterflies in my stomach and I just new he was the one. I was nervous though; I mean what if he didn’t like me. So I played it cool for a while. I tried to get him to notice me without being obvious. That didn’t really work. This went on for a few weeks, all this time I thought that I was being really
“ undercover” with my feeling for him but someone knew.

His really obnoxious pain in the ass cousin (who I always thought was crazy) knew and made it a point to let not only HIM know but also everyone in our little “ click” one day when we were all hanging out. OMG! I was completely embarrassed and if I wasn’t so red-in-the-face I would have given the cousin a piece of my mind but I had to go… I needed to regroup.. I need to erase this day from my mind.LOL

So later on that day HE says to me

Him: “ I hear you kinda like me”
Me: “Um your cousin has a big mouth”
Him: “So its not true”?
Me: “no its true… but your cousin has a big mouth!”

So the group of us decides to take a walk in the park (which back then was code for “ lets go make out in the park”) All these couples, walking. Some hand in hand. Not us. We were all the way in the back just talking.

So he had these really nice lips and I really wanted him to kiss me but he was kind of shy and I knew he wasn’t going to make the first move so I took a deep breath, said a small prayer, popped a stick of big red (the make out gum of the 90’s) and went in for the kill.


It was really, really, really Nice. (Hey I was sixteen Kissing was a big deal) So I kissed him then I walked away. HA! HA! Always leave them wanting more!

So to make a long story short that was the start of our “ relationship”. It lasted almost a year. Our breakup was do to a lot of the problems we where having at our respective homes and we were just too immature to deal with that and trying to make a "relationship" work so we just let it go.

When you a teenager in love you will sit on a stoop with your man in 20 degree weather, with your fingers numb and your nose running just to be able to spend some time (code word for making out) with him. Stairwells become your hang out spots and you live for HOOKY parties. ( where else can you get together without your parents finding out)

Yeah, those were good times {sigh}


So lets hear about your YOUNG LOVE.

@ Nicky .. I didn't want to admit to the "copping a feel" but I guess I just did. LOL

@ Coley LMAO... Oh yeah your right I believe the song was " Forever my Lady"

I was a geek when I was younger so I fell in love with any girl who looked at me for more than two seconds. . . .

@ Coley . . . I think everyone has a Jodeci moment. Mine came at my cousins sweet 16 party. I was danceing with this girl and she started singing "Stay" to me. Of course, she left with some other guy at the end of the night.

OMG! Do I remember those days! LOL Man, I remember this one guy made a tape for me. It had MC Hammer on it when he did the remake of "Have You Seen Her". I thought that joint was so cute. We would meet up at the skating rink, and slow dance after the skating was over. I would NEVER slow dance at a place like that or club now, though. Unless it was with my man. Anyway, we would meet at my cousin's house, and most of the time her mom wasn't home, so we could make out. I'd be upstairs with him, while my cousin was downstairs. LOL It's a trip, because all the making out I did, I wasn't even THINKING about sex. Aint that something? LOL

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

Post a Comment