« Home | I'm in Love » | Rambling- To Spank or Not to Spank...that is the q... » | Taking The East Way Out- MEME » | ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.... THE ANNUAL VISIT T... » | Meeting some Bloggers » | REPOST - ONLY 3?????? » | TATTOOS » | TAGGED.... » | DOWN TOWN » | I've been Tagged! » 

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 

FEARS

I think a lot people have fears like Flying, elevators, close quarters you get the idea….

My fear is …. The Dentist :-(

It’s everything about the dentist that scares the crap out of me.

1. The novacane shot ( they never give me enough!)
2. The sound of that damn Drill ( god help me)
3. That Stupid straw that’s supposed to suck up the spit (WTF?)
4. The stupid bib
5. The light shining in you eyes and some stupid Man telling you to relax and stop crying… yeah he was talking to me so what that tooth cleaning hurt!!!!


So here is my problem I have been nursing a toothache for about a week already… I know it has to come out but I am too afraid of the Dentist to go get it done.

You don’t understand that I have been popping pills like tictacs just so I don’t have to go to the dentist but I can only do that for so long.


Is there a support group out there for people like me? Any suggestion how to get over this fear?

Yeah. I'm First!

Girl, take a deep breath and when you get that novacane shot always ask for more, and then when he starts, say OUCH! can you give me alittle more please (say it with an attitude) Close your eyes and don't open them until done.

I got two teeth pulled and one time, while I was bracing myself for him to pull the first one. He was pulling out the second one and when I said: OMG, just one more, he said: Your done.

So it is not as bad as you think, take one of your children with you and you may just get through it because you don't want them to see you act like a baby. **holding your hand** it's going to be just fine.

I don't like anyone drilling in my mouth. It's a weird sound in my head. To prevent this and to release tension, the dentist always give me a cd player with a cd in it and I let it play as loud as I can with my earphones in with my eyes closed. This takes the drilling sound totally away and relaxes you at the same time.

Ahhh don't remind me, my 6 months visit is here, and I hear ya.
I psyche myself up before I go to the denist, and say I have worst pain then this, then I keep clicking my heels three times like Dorothy. Wishing I was home...

Oh and just where have you been???

LOL WOw! Now, I'm not horrified by the dentist, but I don't like getting my teeth pulled. The instruments they use scare me. I don't like the shots either! Those big ass needles! I remember when I first got in the service and had to have my wisdom tooth pulled, along with a couple of others. After getting all the work done that was needed, I said to hell with that. I need to take better care of my teeth.

I may go a bit overboard now, but I don't care. I brush at least three times a day. After every meal if I can, and floss regularly.

Check this, though. I go to the dentist for a cleaning.(If the tech doesn't know what they are doing, that joint hurts, too!) Anyway, the female Dental Tech tells me I have the cleanest teeth she's ever seen. Really? Whew! Bout damn time! LOL

Hold up, though. I go see the Dr. and he tells me I have a small cavity and a tooth is chipped. WTF? Of course, he had to give me a filling! Which meant, a damn needle! Just let me cry now! I'm not scared of it, but I don't like going to the dentist. I've had enough visits in my lifetime!

Man, when I got my tooth pulled I was knocked out...dont remember a thing, just the way I like it...

Well maybe you can try a new dentist? One who's more gentle with your teeth, because some of them can be pretty rough

Post a Comment