« Home | ROAD TRIP --- TO THE BRONX???? » | Victoria's Secret - Wish someone would have told me! » | I FEEL BAD :-( » | NEEDING A MAKEOVER » | FEARS » | I'm in Love » | Rambling- To Spank or Not to Spank...that is the q... » | Taking The East Way Out- MEME » | ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.... THE ANNUAL VISIT T... » | Meeting some Bloggers » 

Thursday, October 13, 2005 

WHO PAYS??

I had this discussion over lunch …. Who pays for what in a relationship?

Now my Dad worked and took care of the bills and my Mom stay home and took care of the home, that’s just the way things were. My parents idea on marriage is “ if he wants you to be his wife its his job to support you the way we did”. To some extent I agree but that’s just the way I was raise. Don’t get me wrong I think today you MUST have a 2 income home to even survive but there are things that I think should automatically come from my husband like rent. If you take a woman from her parent’s home YOU should be providing a “ new” home. Things like dinners out… he pays unless I FEEL like paying.(LOL) We spilt the cost of the kids and I take care of my own wardrobe for the most part But you see where I am going with this.

I am very old fashion in that It’s a mans job to provide the home and it’s a women’s job to maintain that home. Are there exceptions? yes of course. When you’re married you become a team and as a team you work together BUT I don’t think (short of some serious catastrophe) that women should financially support men.

Now before I start getting the HATE mail form the men… I think if you are down and need help til you get on your feet that’s fine but when you choose to marry you should have a plan that involves some type of job. ( LOL) You should not be sitting on your ass at home watching Jerry Springer on the couch eating chips and ice cream while you women is busting her as at work. And for the men out there does it bother you to have a woman support you? Do you feel that it takes away from your manhood?


I am very “old school” and I think that the MEN should be paying but that’s just how I was raised… What do you think?

I'm a bit old fashioned myself, but some beliefs DO have to be modified. I think that in our current world of 2-income marriages, one income should be used for the big stuff (mortgage, car payment, vacations etc) and the other one should be used for the day to day stuff (bills, groceries, gifts, etc). Then again, what do I know? ;-D

Well being in a 2 income home and a relationship with kids, I must through the old school out of the window. My parents still live that way and we are grown and out of the house.

My belief is that a relationship should not consist of who pays for what, but it is a compromise that the two individuals have. That compromise the the two have is their survival stragedy.

I pay the rent in my house and sometimes I don't, Right now I am paying none of my bills and maybe tomorrow he may say babe you thnk you can pay the rent. There are times I may suggest we go eat and he pays, So I think that you are a bit old school, but you are you and noone can change that.

@ Nicky... aint that the truth?????? That is the least they can do. LMAO

I'm a little old school too. But I agree with what mecrazyme said about it being a compromise. Marriage is ALL about compromise. Once married, you two become a team, and all finances should become one big pool. It's sort of like 'what's yours is mines, and what's mines is yours.'

I'm a bit old-fashioned myself. Two incomes is definitely a must nowadays but I believe it's the man's responsibility to take care of his family's financial needs.

When dating you should split the cost. But in a marriage you have to pool your resources, pay the bills, take an allowance and put some in two savings account-one for emergencies and one to save. That's the only way you can get further ahead and begin to live a life of luxuries rather than living pay check to paycheck. Team effort takes you their further.

Dutch is trendy now but to me that depends on how frequently we go out.

My M.O.
YOU TREAT when we go out
I TREAT when you come over, I love to cook so what I pay in groceries, is what we'd pay when we'd go out anyway
I tend to like to do it up!!!

I say you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.....hold me down and I'll hold you down.

It's a give and take if he tries and provides, when it comes to my turn I won't have a problem giving or doing.

Have a great weekend gurl!

~Smooches~

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» » »

Post a Comment