« Home | A confession » | If I were.... MEME » | Spoiled ?????? » | L.O.V.E » | Let talk about sex.. again » | ATTENTION ALL BLOGGERS!!!! » | ANSWERS!!!!! » | Ask Me Anything!!!!!! » | Raising a "MAN" » | How important is sex in a relationship? » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

Good Girl/ Bad Girl

Growing up your taught that Good girls cross there legs, always say please and thank you and are very chaste and the Bad girls were the “ loose” girls, the easy girls ..... they were not the kind of women you wanted to be


Side Note:(talk about your double standard but that’s a whole other post)

.

Now it’s “a lady on the Street and a Freak in the sheets”

It seems that women need to live a life of duplicity. We are suppose to be Suzy homemaker by day and Sexy seductress at night. Is this really what men want?

Ladies, how do you feel about this?

Why don’t men live this double life?




On personal note, I like to think of myself as a “Good Girl” with “ Bad girl” tendencies but that’s just me. LOL

Suzy homemaker, can you please make me a cheese cake?!?!?! lol

I agree with your tendencies. I don't have much experience with this because I went from young cheerleader to his wife so I don't know. Plus I don't care what he wants I will choose to be whatever makes me happy. If I feel like being the sexy seductress in the kitchen while in the middle of being suzy homemaker he better get it while i'm offering it. ROFLMAO

I could go on and on with this. And as you see, I will. Apologies in advance for the length.

It's not just men that perpetuate this, it's women too.

First off, let me qualify my statements.

I am not a male basher/hater.
I am not a bra slinging feminist.
I don't take the side of a woman because she IS a woman.

With that said:

Most of this is perpetuated in roles that have been both, dictated in society by both men and women, and perverted by society by both men and women.

From the woman's standpoint:

Most women are taught (and rightfully so), how to behave and act in public. But there have been some backdrops that have equated external behavior with internal behavior with their husband/other (meaning, sex is a chore, and not a pleasure). And that brings rigidity in a female, and they can't detach themselves from the mother, to be the luke girl they need to be in the bedroom. In high school, you would always here "She's fass, she's a whore" That permeates in our minds what we should and should not be. . ., whether that is the case, is based on someone's sexual taste. Though most women get past that now, there are still issues with SOME "Should I or shouldn't I", "Will he or wont he", "How does this look", and if no one has EVER felt that way, then more power to you, but I find it HARD to believe that at some point, even for a minute, that youd didn't. And, if in fact, you are very open, then how have you had to combat that? Hence, the subject matter.

Men: They hear it at home, with their friends, on TV - "Boys will be boys" "A man's got to do what a man's got to do", and "Men are all dogs". That penetrates (no pun intended) in their minds as well, and they are pretty much given a blank check to do what they want to do, with no consequences and repurcussions as a result. That's not saying that men ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, because many, many, are, BUT, the same images that we hear that we feel pressure to live by, are the same ones that men hear and feel pressure to act on pre-conceived social constructs.

Bottom line, sexuality is important, but it has been perverted and equally promoted in so many different ways.

No wonder there are challenges with men and women meeting each others expectations and dealing with each other on a basic communication level. Geez.

I'mza phreak, so. . .

:)

I still have issues with me being a good girl and having bad girl tendencies lol...but there is a time to be good and a time to be bad I tend to like being good most of the time lol (depends on your def of good)

“a lady on the Street and a Freak in the sheets”

That be me. Unless of course we talking being in the streets AFTER a couple of drinks...then you can forget about it! It's all about a freak in da streets and in between da sheets.

ROFLMAO!

some men do live double-lives but probably not the way you would like for them to be...if you know what I mean

I agree with this you should be Mommy by day for the kids and Mommy Dearest by night for the man, but I believe that men think that they do live the double life, only because they want it all the time, so that is their way of being seductive, but what they don't know is that sometimes we want them to be Sexy Sam by night and Mr. Help me clean the house by day. Bottom line I do think this is what they want.

I do think this is what men want. They want you to be 'good ' all day, in front of people, and bad when the the lights go down, when no one is looking.

Men do lead a double life.... its called "A Midlife Crisis"

Let me lay out this scenario for you. Boy meets girl. Boy finds out through conversation that girl makes considerably more money than he does. Girl doesn't realize Boy earns Blue Collar wages cause Boy has been wining and dining her for the past month or two. Boy starts to realize girl has grown accustomed to his generous nature, But he likes her so he starts spending the money he has been saving in order to keep up appearances.

Now MSHM you mentioned something about men not having to deal with a double standard. That is an incorrect statement. We do. One very common one is the scenario I just described.

SA = Super Anonymous says Mr. Slish is right. men do live double standards. all the time!! Scenario #2 Mother raise boy, boy gets g friend, g friend makes boy spend money and spoil her mother says to boy, stop being a wuss and stand up like a man. Men live ds(double standards) daily. just the way of the world and its not just the women. sorry to disappoint yall!

SA OUT

Every woman (ya hear me?) EVERY WOMAN has a slut within!!! I am extremely domesticated...bringin home the bacon, fryin it up in the pan (and never letting HIM forget he's a man) - ALL THAT...AND we got 3 kids! My girl P (with her long winded self - you gotta 'scuse her sometimes...she gets like that) has valid points (and yes, she's a PHREAK!!! Nasty heffa) And I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman being both...Personally, I like the slut in me (hehehe and so does Mack), but more importantly I can be both at the same time...sit with my legs crossed and tell him to whip out his dick - "PLEASE?" *wink*

This is a test! ;o)

You have to consider the source. It was your parents (more likely your mother) telling you what a "good girl" does. On the other hand, it was the men who were trying to get with you who, thanks to Ludicris, told you they want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed. You can't serve two masters. Which one are you going to listen to.

Best regards from NY! » »

Keep up the good work » »

Post a Comment