« Home | How important is sex in a relationship? » | The In-laws Part I » | Romance, too much work? » | Breaks and friends » | 1st Meme of 2006 » | Mother in law » | Body Image » | Welcome 2006 !!!!!!!! » | Mental Health Days » | For 2006..... » 

Thursday, January 19, 2006 

Raising a "MAN"

Can a woman properly raise a “man”

I got into a conversation with a co-worker. We were discussing whether a woman can raise a boy to be a man on her own with no male figure in his life or Is the presence of a man intricate to a boy “becoming” a man.

I personally think it would be great if there were a male figure in a boy’s life but I don’t think it’s a necessity. I think if you are a strong women the is nothing you cant do including raising a boy on your own. I have met people that were solely raise by women and they turn out fine and I have met men the were raise with the father figure in there life ad they turned out horrible.


So my question for the day is

Do you think women can raise a boy to be a man? Why or Why not?

I posted about something similar last year...

I am raising my son alone....sometimes it's scary I don't want to in anyway stop his growth in becoming a man, but what am I to do?!?!

I have to raise him if I don't who will?!?! There are things that only a man can relate to with another man, but since that is not the case in our situation I have to supply that information.

People seem to think that a woman raising a boy will make him soft, gay, or too feminine! I don't believe this to be true at all!

We can teach them fist hand how women think, feel and react. This will be definitely come in handy as they get older and start to pursue the opposite sex!!

I can't stand it when society says shit like that!! I do the damn best I can....my son will be fine.

Like you if you are a strong woman you will teach your child all he needs to be a man!!

This is just my opinion!!

Great post by the way! *smile*

~Smooches~

To all the single mother's out there do the damn thing!!! Big up!!

Women can definately raise men. My mom raised 2 by herself. I am raising one by myself. I think I'm doing a great job. I do think that a male figure is necessary in a young boy's life, but not all men/fathers are role models.

I think it may help but it's not necessary.

Nice blog. Thanks for visiting my spot. I'll be back

I believe that it depends on how the WOMAN was raised and how they adapted their life to their SON (i.e. had brothers, strong mother etc.) I believe without my up bringing that I would be able to raise my SONS, but they would turn out different (strong, but sensitive) I believe that LITTLE BOYS need BIG strong MEN in their lives... Did I make any sense?

Wow, that’s a really great question.

I think that a woman can raise a boy to be a man, but I do feel that the boy will need some positive male influences/role model(s) in order to be successful. I think that a boy needs to “see” the way a “good man” is supposed to behave. But yes, I do think that a woman can raise a boy to be a man.

Very interesting post! I don't have children but I can say that men that are raised by women tend to have more emotions and show more affection towards other woman. They even have the decency to put the toilet seat back down in the house when they get out on their own! My man was raised by a 3 women, Grandmother, Mother and sister and he is definitely a helluva Man, extremely protective and sensitive at the same time...its rather cute but at times you may think....does he have gay like tendencies????? LOL I know he doesn't but it can come across feminine at times. I just call it in tune with his woman which is me.
Okay, on to other things...It is less than 24hrs and we will be having a damn good time!!!

Like Dee said, its nice but not always possible. Being a product of that environment you can and will adapt. I think what's worse is HAVING that man around then he's gone and going through the withdrawl period. Everything gets magnified. If the male figure was never there its like the ole saying goes..."Can't miss what you never had". But is great to have a true guide of how your suppose to act in all situations which can only be taught by a male figure since thats what they'll be in some years themselves. All young men will adapt regardless when they're older they'll focus more on what caused the male figure not to be there than the lone issue of him not being there.

Personally I can think of many men who I know who were raised by their moms. Of course there were men around but for the most part their mom did it all. It takes a strong woman to handle that and know how to raise a man to be a man. So yes I do think a woman can raise a man.....as a mother she can teach him about the proper treatment of women and how to respect the people around him. She can teach him how to deal with his issues without anger and if handled correctly not turn him into what others consider feminine. However, if he does choose to become feminine she will show him that she loves him regardless...we as women tend to forget just how strong we are and how much influence we can and could have on the world around us. Great post

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great.

Post a Comment