« Home | Breaks and friends » | 1st Meme of 2006 » | Mother in law » | Body Image » | Welcome 2006 !!!!!!!! » | Mental Health Days » | For 2006..... » | The Strike is over » | Day Two! » | DAMN! » 

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 

Romance, too much work?

I know that there are a lot of men that think romance is a waste of time but I was surprised to find that there are a lot of women out there that feel romance is corny or even a waste of time. WTF?


I don’t know about those women but I crave romance the way dieters crave cake. I want to be swept off my feet! I want the corny “mix tape” and the sappy love letters! I want the long walks through the park, the picnics and the long talks about life while watching the sunrise!!!! I want the impromptu weekend trips and the days off spent in bed. I want the text messages that say, “ I miss you” and the flowers sent to work just because!



Now I know this may sound like a lot but I’m not asking for this on a regular basis but it would be nice if they remembered that you should never stop courting you woman/man. If you do that you open that door for someone else to court your man/woman and then what will you have.




Please tell me if what I want is unreasonable…

Damn, the blogger gods must be against me for killing my blog because this it took me like 10 tries before I could get your site to let me post.

So I know I said I quit blogging, but what I meant was I quit writing not reading.lol

Onto your post... What you want my dear is a fairytale and what was it that you said "umm let me see" oh yeah I remember now "fairytales are like unicorns they don't exsist." ROFLMAO

No just kidding I am sure with the right coaxing you could get SOME of these maybe not all of them but at least 2. ;o)

I don't see it as a fairytale. I think there are some men who want to be courted just like a woman. But if a woman is always hard and unreceptive...why do it?

Thank you J, cause Nicky, she just aint right....

Just outta curiosity Mshim...what do you do that's considered romantic? Or what "would" you do?

It's not that I am not into romance...but I am not romantic. Just have never been the type. Some men say that I am...some men don't think I am at all.

As for them being romantic...any effort to make some wonderful memories would be fine with me...they just don't seem to take the initiative. Well...Bahamas reached across the table and handed me a little box...THAT was memorable :-)

I think it works on both sides. You want it but you also have to give it too. I don't think what you want is unrealistic. Even if it isn't often, it always feels good to break the monotony and surprise your significant other. I think it is normal to want those things.

@ Alli- I have done

1. Gifts for no reason
2. Candlelit dinners on my terrace
3. Candles, Moett and something from Victoria's secret for those long nights of love making


Just to name a few. I don’t think romance carries a price. It’s the simple things that you remeber

You're a Taurus...nuff said.

Lucky for me (despite my seemingly unromantic Aries husband), my husband stills manages to find ways to blow my mind with surprise from time-to-time. As a Taurus woman, you want the warm-fuzzies...the candle light, soft music, good food and better company. I don't see anything wrong with it...The UP side for us (as I am Taurus too) we know how to shower a well-deserving man with romance...and if we're lucky, we'll get it back 10-fold in return!

Is this what u really want!!! Romance!! Nothing wrong with it but i hear women say all the time that they want romance, then its sex, then its money, then its respect. I am not hating on you but maybe u should spark up the romance.
if a person has never been taught romance how could they know how to romance. In other words to get something sometimes u have to show a person. This applies to all people.
it doesnt not discriminate against a person age, size, height, skin color, nationality or upbring.

Maybe u should show your partner what u want! Do not tell him show him!!!

Men do think physically first most of the time but in today times many women do too.
I deal with similar issue and many of them on a regular basis. One of your blog buddies mentioned fairytales.
Well they do come true but not by wishing but the other "W" word working for it. I agree with the courting part.

But sometimes its difficult and reading a mind is a hard thing to do even if u've been with the person for a million years,

So to my fellow blogger/bloggers its time to show and tell with your mate b4. Do suprise weekend unexpected dinner (not in the home) in a restaurant. do a late movie or a matanee. START THINKING OUT OF THE BOX IN REGARDS TO THE SITUATION AT HAND AND STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE BOX> WE"VE ALL BEEN THERE TO LONG.

You'll be surprised as to how many old-fashioned men there are out there who still appreciate romance. Behind every "bad boy" out there there's a guy who'll call you in the morning just to say "have a good day". A guy who'll have a glass of wine and a bubble bath ready when you get home because he knows you had a bad day at work. A guy who'll skip poker night with the guys to run to the store and buy you soup when you're sick. The only problem is that most women think that guys like that are gay. But that's a discussion for another post.

@ ON: I think a lot of men THINK about those things..but putting an effort into making them reality is another thing. Or either they do it once a year for that special occassion.

I am known for leaving notes in odd places, making dinner with the wine, giving long FULL body massages, weekend trips and I have sent MY share of flowers, cookies by design and other misc. stuff......yet, men don't seem to see that I do this 1) because I like to and 2) as something that I LIKE TOO.

However I must say...not all men are the same...just most *wink*..LOL

@ Msnhim: YOUR SO RIGHT. Romance isn't about money...at all. Spreading a blanket under the christmas tree and laying in some lingerie...tree is twinkling with lights, room is dark with nothing but illuminating colors on the walls, music softly playing and you and him being eachothers Christmas present is no money at all....;-)

I agree with you 100%.

I want to be romanced. I don't think you're unreasonable at all...

If more people thought like you then we would be a happy lot indeed!

~Smooches~

Far unreasonable babes. Far From. Its some of these "modern" men that need to play catch up... with some of us old fashion gals.
I smell ya...

Girl, men don't understand that it is the small things that count and when you don't have the small things like romance and mix tapes, you go out to look for bigger and better, so men and some women too, need to know that it is better to have many small things to give because those are the things that last, but if you have just one big thing to give then things get played out. I agree with you... I am glad that my spouse has many little things, although he does big things sometimes, it's just not as often as the smaller things that mean so much to me...

NOte: This is my third try, I think since nicky stop blogging she put a curse on this sh*t!

Post a Comment