« Home | The In-laws Part I » | Romance, too much work? » | Breaks and friends » | 1st Meme of 2006 » | Mother in law » | Body Image » | Welcome 2006 !!!!!!!! » | Mental Health Days » | For 2006..... » | The Strike is over » 

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 

How important is sex in a relationship?

There was an article in the paper about a few couples that were struggling with their sex lives. Some men wanted it more than the women {no surprise there} and some women wanted it more than their man, but through all of the daily work, home etc. to some sex just wasn’t a priority.

I have been at the place where everything in my life can become so stressful that I am not really interested in sex no matter how good it may be. When my mind is busy with bills, choosing the right school for my kids and stuff I have to do at work I cant focus on anything else, but I don’t think that my not being in “the mood” should be cause for a 2 hour discussion.




So my question is if everything else works in the relationship how important is the sex part to you?


Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Please post your answer and then mine will be the same. lol

Hmm...it depends on how close my period is! HAHAHAHA! Sometimes I want it like all 3 nights that my husband is off from work (every week), but then some days can go by and I'm too damn tired to even THINK about sex! After 10 years of being together...he kinda can tell when not to even bother me with that nonsense!! My husband would agree with Dee! HAHAHAHA LAWD @ "good grown up naked fun" - a hot mess, FOR REAL!

I don't know exactly what to say....

If you're happy with your relationship, that is "both" of you then it shouldn't be a problem.

To me sex is important but not the basis of the relationship...if I went into it for the sex then by gosh we better be having it every damn night, or day! *smile*

Everyday things take away your sex drive sometimes....so eventually it will come back!! Right?!?!

I would say that sex is very important. It's a great way to communicate non-verbally. I agree, however, that it shouldn't be the basis of a relationship.

sex was very important to me when i wanted to settle down....my personal opinion...sex is 30 to 45% of a relationship....i wanted someone to be sexually compatible with me...if it didn't work out when we was dating...no way in hell in marriage...

I agree with you, if your mind is on cleaning your house (with no help) being in debt, your phone constantly ringing off the hook and you pretending to be someone else can have your mind wondering, especially thinking about your future.

Sex is important to me, but not when I have soooo many things on my mind...

Now, I'm a woman, so what I say comes from that perspective, but I am just that person you spoke of in your post: the one who isn't as into sex as I was Pre-kids & marriage. I actually hate that fact, and me & my husband have had BIG ASS arguments over it, because of COURSE he wants it more. When I get home at 6pm, I have to feed, bathe and play with the little one (don't get me wrong, my husband DOES help with some of this) but after putting him to sleep,eating, doing ANY kind of housework and winding down it's after 9pm and I am E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D. And if you think about it, I've been going from 6am to 9pm, SHOULDN'T I be tired????? Well, yes, but my husband still wants some ass, which he doesn't get like he wants it. I would love to have the energy to do itmore, but it has DEFINITELY become a "back-burner" thing for me. *shrug*

I have to say that agree with Robyn. I work a full job and I have 3 children. I cook , Clean and prepare the kids clothes for the next day. I get them up and ready for schoo.l when I comes down to sex versus a hour more of sleep, Im sorry but I got to go with the sleep.I need it to continue with my routine.

@ Neil your probably right. I think if he stop being interested my mind might wonder but then again He isn't doing half as much as I am. Not to say he doesn't do his share but as the mother I do way more.

This is very interesting site... » »

Post a Comment