« Home | When its Over.... » | Secrets » | Good Girl/ Bad Girl » | A confession » | If I were.... MEME » | Spoiled ?????? » | L.O.V.E » | Let talk about sex.. again » | ATTENTION ALL BLOGGERS!!!! » | ANSWERS!!!!! » 

Friday, February 10, 2006 

Cheating -which is worse?

I had a conversation with some fellow bloggers at our last meet up and the topic came up. How serious is “emotional cheating”? When you bond with someone other than your spouse, and you share things that you may or may not share with your mate that’s considered “emotional cheating”, but is it really cheating….


Let say you never got physical with this person but you shared intimate thoughts and secrets, depending on someone other than your mate for emotional support is that cheating? If so whats worse finding out your mate had hot, sweaty sex with someone else or that they have a friend that knows stuff about them that you don’t?



What’s worse? Are you guilty of emotional cheating?

Physical cheating is definitely worse, but emotional cheating is also cheating. I am single so I'm not guilty of any of it. But it would hurt me if my husband/mate had to go somewhere else to discuss intimate things. Good Post.

SA=SuperAnonymous says that Cheating is in the eye of the beholder.
I will explain this in my 1st blog.
But cheating is wrong in my eyes but until someone has cheated on you or you have cheated on someone I guess they can only really truly answer this question.

Being in a situation of the cheating kind can brung suprising revelations to people.

SA out!!! By the way tell nicky that I left her a response to her question.

Girl you know I am working on this topic not now but RIGHT NOW...I have been thinking about this whole emotional cheating thing since we all spoke that night about it!!! It is a touchy topic...but, I am guilty of emotional cheating....I will expound in a future post...coming to a blog near you.....

I agree w/Dee, that emotional shit usually leads to physical!

Emotional ‘cheating’ can be pretty damn serious. When you share emotions with a person you can really ‘fall in love’. That would tear me to pieces if my man fell in love with another woman even if they have never been intimate with one another.

I would say they both are horrible but emotional cheating to me would be worse. Not saying at all if my man had sex with another women I would forgive/be cool with it. But the emotional cheating cuts deep!

I've definitely connected with guys outside of my relationship and have had very intimate conversations. I can't say I was emotionally dependent on them, but I definitely felt guilty about it. I'm not one to judge, I believe one has to look within themselves and decide if this is something they are okay with.

Damn girl. I just finished committing emotional adultery and now I have to come here and read about it.

I think that emotional cheating is almost unavoidable. Sometimes it leads to something physical, and sometimes I doesn't. Is it right or wrong, who knows, but sometimes I think you need to have someone to vent to. Is it worse than physical cheating . . . I don't think so.

Both suck... but as many ppl can have sex, and not have any emotions involved, I think I would be a lil more hurt if my man had an emotional bond closer with someone other than me....

Emotional cheating involves so much of your personal soul baring. It involves delving into a realm thats should be reserved for particular significant others.

It's an attachment that supercedes any physical wantings and cravings, and is more difficult to detach yourself from.

Dee: You'z just a phreak, so. . .you just hush, mama!

Ok, you just INSIST on keepin this topic afloat, huh?? Mack's been reading your blog too btw... *sigh* ok so can we get over it already?? HAHAHAHA...

I am guilty of having had an emotional connection with someone other than my husband at a time in my life. But in the end, I realized that I wasn't giving my husband a chance and I wasn't giving him the opportunity to "know me" like that...it was up to ME to break the cycle.

I agree with Bk Babe

It would hurt for me either way!

~Smooches~

Post a Comment