« Home | Sex IQ » | Im Blocked ... so you get this list » | When did they grow up????? » | Que ViVa Puerto Rico!!!!!!!!!! » | I know its not a real post but.... » | Ya'll know I had to go there....... » | Its My Bloggerversary... I missed you guys!!!!!! » | I need to get my head straight. » | Would you past the ORAL exam ??????? » | IT’S A BOY!!!!!! » 

Monday, June 26, 2006 

Graduations

Well my girls graduated last Week, it was very emotional. My babies are growing up * sob* so since they did so well in school we decided to get them cell phones with the promise from them that they wouldn’t abuse it… can I just tell you that I gave them the phone on Wed by Fri I had to take it away from my oldest!!!!! I swear she had it glued to her ear from WED to FRI….. She got it back this morning we the warning the next time would be longer/


I also attended my husbands god daughters graduation. We got there late cause we got lost of course, then we ALL set out to dinner. Me, my Husband, His ex wife , her new husband and her entire family. Now I know this sounds weird and to be honest with you it is. There’s no beef between her and I and yet we cant seem to say anything other than hello and goodbye to each other. I sat there and conversed with her entire family and it was cool but her and I …. We just don’t seem to have anything to say to each other. Its sad cause the more we get together the less we have to say. My husband and her husband get along great by the way. He thinks I should break the ice and start conversation but to be honest other than him we really don’t have something in common that would start conversation ( i.e work in the same field, Kids, Mutual friends Etc) . I feel that since this is her family, her comfort zone it should be up to her to break the ice .



Am I wrong?

What would you do?


Happy Monday!!!!

First of all, congratulations to you and your girls.

Now, as far as your husbands ex-wife, the fact that you mentioned it, leads me to believe that it bothers you just a little bit. I saw throw out that olive branch. The worst she can do is ignore you, but at least you can say you tried.

As you said before, your husband is just a friendly person, so I can see him getting along with the new husband. If you have nothing to talk to her about then just don't say anything...

Congrats to your girls! You are a great mom!

As for the chick...well I don't know. I've been in the same situation and while for years we had no problems suddenly it's become an issue. So now we don't even speak.

I say keep being cordial. That's all. No need to befriend. However, there is no need to be rude either, which I know you are not so keep doing what you are doing.

Ummm when we going out for dinner?

Congrats to your girls! That's a wonderful acomplishment!

I do agree with you. She should start the conversation. But there is no need to go out of your way. Sounds like the way things are going between the 2 of you is working out just fine :)

i agree with joann. i first give credit that you all can come together at a social gathering. i'm scared of the day my daughter's father and his future girlfriend/wife and my future mate and me all have to come together.
i say be nice but don't try to be best buddies. u don't want to catch urself sharing info that you don't want her to know. let it happen naturally the more thought u put into it the more frustrating it will get. take it for face value with not expectations.

Thats great u can get together and although u say theres no anomosity u just prolly dont wanna become close to her...thats okay.....but at least u are making an effort to put on a brave front and thats half the battle

Congrats to you and your girls!

Well.

It depends on why you are not speaking. Is there an invisible barrier that is up with both of you. Some unfinished business, unresolved feelings.

I don't think that you will probably ever be chummy, but there is one thing not having much to say, but there is another having an underlying, simmering issue.

If someone is not speaking to someone, it's for a reason. Do you feel tension? Or any sort of animosity (On either end).

As for the phones, kids like text and data more than they do the minutes. After the excitement wears down and subsides, it will be fine. Make sure you have a good text plan.

Congrats to your girls.

Post a Comment