« Home | Indecent proposal » | Some people collect baseball cards others collect ... » | G String- THE REPOST » | A little Sex Meme » | Just based on the Physical.... » | You don’t fall for your booty call » | Graduations » | Sex IQ » | Im Blocked ... so you get this list » | When did they grow up????? » 

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 

The Return of The EX.

It almost always happens. You break-up with someone and you both go your separate ways and then as if by fate you bump into each other and for some reason start talking about old times. For the most part you’ve moved on and he’s moved on but there is always that ex that you never quite got over. This is the return of the ex. I was so in love with him. Our relationship ended without warning. There was never a “its over” or “Lets just be friends” It kinda just went away. I can honestly say that I never really fought for the relationship; it was just so complicated( one day I'll post about it) that I really couldn’t deal with but it was also full of love and laughter…. He had a smile that could always make me happy no matter what was going on in my life. I don’t regret much in my life cause I believe everything is a learning experience but I regret not taking that phone call, not fighting to make our relationship work.


I saw him not to long ago and he still has that smile that makes my heart melt but were different people now. If you look closely you can still see remnants of the loving couple we were. I loved him so much then and today I love him still. Why? I don’t know I just do. My life is just starting to be what I want it to be and to some degree I own it all to that encounter. That encounter made me wonder about the choices I made in my life and I even second-guessed myself many times but what I have now is everything I want. I’ll always love him, of that I’m sure and I will never forget all that we shared but where I am today is where I want to be.


Have you ever second guess the life you have now with the life you could have had?

Have you ever still felt a connection with an ex? If so how did you deal with it?

I ran into my first "real" ex 2 months ago...and i told him i wasnt hte same girl i was 10 yrs ago(17) and he's 43 but he's still the same person he was 10 yrs ago..talking bout now he's ready for me and wants me and we can make it work......its too late...saying im stilli n love iwht him..all he wanted was to move in with me and shack up..NOT!!!!My last ex hurt me to the core that I deliberatly hurt him cuz i knwo I can but when I tell hm we can't get back together he says we can....its confusing.......i only wnat him for one thing..but then he wont give it to me unless I give him all of me and I told him he can't have htat...

Funny you mention ex's. I just started a blog about my life now. My 19th anniversary would have been yesterday, so I was thinking of ex's. I think we all think about them on occasion.

I still run into the most recent ex from time to time, and of course I still see "R.S." on a regular basis. Other than those two I really don't keep up with any of my ex's. It's much better that way.

Thanks for your comment. So, you have been married a long time. Was the ex a serious boyfriend? How long did you guys date?

@ Deb , Yes Ive been married a long time. The Ex was very serious a little over a year

I always wondered what it would be like if I had fought to stay with my last serious boyfriend but if we had stayed together I wouldn't have learned as much as I did abotu myself and how I deal with things.

I still love him, still care about him, in fact just fully got over him in December and we are wonderful friends....he taught me about real love and what it's like to be treated like a queen and for that he'll always have a special place in my heart...I won't and can't take second best because of him :)

I am very guilty when it comes to thinking about an ex-boyfriend. I was seriously in love with a guy 6 years ago (haven't allowed myself to fall in love since) and to this day, I still think about him pretty often. I found out recently that he's married and I actually had the nerve to feel a little jealous! What the fuck is my problem? LOL.

that's i purposely burn bridges after i know it's over...

I have...with the father of my child....But, I knew in my heart that it would never work so I left it alone.

Yes, sure of course.

I think it's more of a fond feeling of what was. I just started getting that type of stuff into perspective.

I used to be like "What if, What if", but I once again, I think about the reasons that we are NOT together (whether it was his fault or mines), and realize that it was the best thing for both of us.

But, just as you said, the return of the ex always invokes a number of mixed feeling within.

My ex's NEVER go away. I was just recently contacted by my FIRST LOVE after having no contact with him at all for 8 years!! I live in an entirely different state and have for 13 years, but he was able to get my number through a friend of a friend.
I used to love him sooo much (high school). Now, it's different... we talk a lot, but I understand what it is. I had forgotten why I was so attracted to him back in the day. I have to stay on my P's & Q's - reminding myself that he has ALWAYS been a better ex than a current.

Post a Comment