« Home | S&M » | The Weekend- WHY » | A MEME :-) » | LIAR, LIAR » | Two truths and a LIE- UPDATE » | Guess, Two truths and a lie » | Another Baby????? » | Solo? why not! » | Sex Again? » | OUCH!!!!!...... Circumcision » 

Thursday, March 30, 2006 

Im not “Friendly Phil”

I get a lot a flack cause people think that I “think Im the shit”. They assume that because when I get to my block, although I have lived there most of my life. I don’t really talk to the people that live in the building or even in the area. My husband or “Friendly Phil” as I like to call him says hi and talks to everybody. If were walking out our building and we have to pass 10 people on the way out he will say Hi to 10 people, I may say hi to 1. That doesn’t mean that I “think Im the shit” it just means that I am not overly friendly with people that I don’t really know.




Now on to Friendly Phil… it urks me to no end that every time we are trying to go somewhere we bump into someone he knows and now he has to have the 30min conversation! Cant you just say Hi and keep it moving?



Another “Friendly Phil" habit I hate is how when ever we see a woman he knows he always greets the woman with “ Hey baby how you doing? WTF????????



The only “Baby” you have is me (or one of your daughters) Don’t be getting these chicks comfortable with that whole “Baby” bullshit cause they don’t realize your just being “Friendly Phil” they think “oh he wants some of thisWRONG BIACH!!! He’s just to fucking friendly .





So todays questions are



Have you ever been accused of “ thinking you’re the shit”?



Do you have a “friendly Phil” in your life and how to do deal with it?

I don't know if the words every used for me are "think I am the shit" well not to my face anyway :)

I am however just like you. I could go the rest of my life w/o talking to my neighbors. I don't have time to be chatting about shit that doesn't make a difference to me one way or another with someone I don't know. When I am coming and going I usually have something to do! I think most people would say I am a bitch :) But so be it. I don't have anyone I don't know all up in my shit and that's the way I like it!

BOTH me and my husband are the friendly Phil types, lol!! I am the type of person who will know all my neighbors and sometimes even my neighbors mama's! lol How ever i am good at if i run into someone i can usually get away with out having a 30 min conversation. My husband on the other hand CAN NOT, and then has the nerve to blame the other person! WTF!! NO BABY IT WAS YOU!!
THE really bad thing about us both being "friendly" is we are both scorpios which also means we are very Jelouse and possesive of each other so our "friendliness" has lead to several arguments. Me and my husband have also struck up conversations with total strangers in elevators. We are those people that make shy introverted people want to go in a corner and cry of fear! LOL ok I don't think we are that bad..or are we?

Yes.

I am not unfriendly, but here's my deal.

I am very tall and I wear heels all the time (which beings me to a whopping total of six-three at least)

I'm kind of a chameleon, which means, I can equally be the life of the party or an introvert. It's sometimes been interpreted as sometime-y. But it's not like that. Sometimes I feel like talking and sometimes, I don't. But I'm never nasty with it. That's not necessary.

Tam, (that girl Tam) would beg to differ, but most of my outward persona disguises someone who is very, very shy, and if you saw me you would be like 'yeah, right'.

With that said, because I am SO tall, I walk straight and strong. I also work in an intimidating department (HR), and that doesn't help. I don't smile (has nothing to do with being funky, I'm just not like that, which is why I would TANK as a real estate agent or sales person).

So, I've had a few issues where people have told me that they either thought that I thought I was the shit, or that I was too intimidating. Which can actually intermingle with each other.

That jsut comes from there being different personality styles and profiles. Often time extroverts (and by the way, my mother is one), don't understand introverts and how, they are not necessarily unfriendly, but just have a different persona.

On the other hand, we should be fair to our extrovert friends and associates, and generally, for the most part, they mean well, and dont understand us any more than we do their overwhelming, sometimes, friendliness.

I don't try to be overly friendly, but I try not to be standoffish either, hell they might save my house from a fire one day! HAHA.

All the friggin time...I made a post about it recently where this guy told me I aint all that, I aint the shit...I aint a DIME BLah blah but he was just running his fingers thru my hair....WORD..okay...I dont tell ppl that but if thats what they say who am I to tell them know....

I've actually been told that I'm somewhat stuck up which is by far not how I am...just like you I don't speak to everyone and sometimes it irritates me when people talk to me lol..boo leave me alone if I want to speak I will speak.

Dammit, P is at it again with them long responses...I forgot what the hell I was supposed to comment on!! HAHAHAHAHAH

I always got the "You must think you're cute!" and my response was always, "NO BITCH...YOU think I'm cute!" ((rollin my eyes)) Bitches get on my damn nerves...lol

I KNOW I am cute. I THINK Iam handsome.

Yes. But I AM! lol.
Thanks you for your feedback on my blog.
Appre-ci-love ya!
Bk Babe

I get that all the time. I am not on the friendly side of the spectrum. In public, I speak...only when spoken to...that's even with people I know sometimes. I give them a slight nod of the head to acknowledge them, then I move on. I'm not being stuck up, I just don't feel like talkin'!

I am pretty friendly but not as much as my husband. When we first moved into my neighborhood, I knew most of the folks cause we all had daughters and did things together. But as the kids got a little older and went to other activities, some moved, I find myself coming straight in after work. My husband knows everybody and talks about everything and comes back and tells me. But get this..he is really shy. Does people say that I think I am the shit? Yes but when they get to know me honestly they apologogized.

It doesn't really matter how friendly he is cause at the end of the day he sleeps next to me, but theat "baby" shit would annoy me. I have been labled as "The Shit", that is becuase I am, but once you get to know me you will realize I am the shit, but my head is not that big....

Don't let it bother you ,but do tell him to keep the word baby out of his mouth.

It doesn't really matter how friendly he is cause at the end of the day he sleeps next to me, but theat "baby" shit would annoy me. I have been labled as "The Shit", that is becuase I am, but once you get to know me you will realize I am the shit, but my head is not that big....

Don't let it bother you ,but do tell him to keep the word baby out of his mouth.

It doesn't really matter how friendly he is cause at the end of the day he sleeps next to me, but theat "baby" shit would annoy me. I have been labled as "The Shit", that is becuase I am, but once you get to know me you will realize I am the shit, but my head is not that big....

Don't let it bother you ,but do tell him to keep the word baby out of his mouth.

LOL, no I have been accused of thinking I'm the shit, but it's because I'm the "Friendly Phil".

People are always talking about how I know every damn body and every time we go somewhere I'm the one chatting with every one I see.

This is a funny post because I'm the "Friendly Phil" in my relationship and in my family, LOL.

I'm quiet and most times shy....at times it comes out in different ways...however someone wants to interpret that is totally up to them. People that know me just think I am mean but manageable...lol

That "baby" shit would irritate the hell out of me! I always say "hey you" when I answer the phone...just found out that bothers HIM. He felt that belonged to him...his own personal greeting. Now I guess I know how it feels.

Post a Comment